[pct-l] Moronic Hiking Disorder

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Oct 9 19:10:25 CDT 2011

Tourist and Vacationer Reinhold writes: ''MORONIC  HIKING  DISORDER''  (MHD).  MHD  is very frequently associated with long distance hiking.....can be fatal if left untreated....seek medical help immediately.  Switchback is a perfect example of this dreaded disorder.  He thinks raiding and sacking innocent hikers is normal.....but we no better....it's MHD.
Switchback replies:  There is no disorder here.  Sacking and pillaging campsites and backpackers are simple ways of living off the land as it were.  I don't have to cut off tooth brush handles to save weight.  You simply live off the land or trail and its inhabitants.  It is yoging taken to the next level.  Of course, you always ask permission first if they want to be sacked.