[pct-l] Post Season BBQ

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 11:58:36 CDT 2011

This is a last minute invite for any hiker trash or PCT lovers willing to
come to Martinez CA next Sunday, October 16th, 2011, for a BBQ/potluck at my
place, to schmooze over your hikes this summer and in summers past.  I'm
hosting 2010 thru hiker, Max Chill and his PCT1 Trail Crew for a few days of
R&R before they head south for their last stint in the deserts.  Some of you
may have met them this year in the deserts in March and April, and after
that an extended time on the JMT sections near Mammoth, and most recently up
near Etna.  We had them for a few days between assignments earlier in the
summer and they're just a great bunch, doing the trail work we all love to
see happen.  Due to their schedule and mine, Sunday was the only time that
worked, but I thought I'd just open up the party to any other trail trash in
the area, and beyond, that have the time.

If anyone wants a hike and tour of John Muir's ranch and home, I'll be
leading a hike at 11am over the property.  We'll visit Mt. Helen and Wanda
and his Victorian home, from which this country changed, at least in its
relation to wilderness.  If you remember those lakes on either side of Muir
Pass, and base camp on Mt Shasta, those are his daughters, Helen and Wanda
and the hills behind my house are where he took them for walks when they
were little.  He named the hills for the two girls.  But if you have already
done this tour, just come on by and spend some time eating and jawing with
other hikers and a great trail crew.

Also in town and crashing here will be Neon, another PCT thru from 2010, and
an AT thru hiker as well, who has spent the summer working in a wilderness
therapy program back East.   I hiked over 1,000 miles with both Max Chill
and Neon and can attest to what great folks they are.

I'll be firing up the smoker for a mess of ribs, and if any vegetarians like
Simbiosis or Toga can make it, I'll grill up some killer tofu, but it'll be
potluck beyond that.  If you need to crash, I've got a big rec. room that
can hold a bunch on your mats.

If you're interested, shoot me, or Holly "Wildhair" Eggleston, (
holly.eggleston at gmail.com who will be helping organize) an email off list,
so we know how much ribs and tofu to buy.  Oh, and libations on this end
will include the "John Muir" wine some of you got to taste at KO this year.
 Good shit mon!!!

Shroomer
Scott Williams (notice, that is not Scott Williamson, who is just about to
break his own record, the post offices keep giving me his boxes)
925-768-4579