[pct-l] From a Newbie

Joel Hawk Joel at JoelHawk.com
Wed Oct 5 13:37:33 CDT 2011

>From a Newbie.with the things I've done in life, that's just fun to say.
But I am a newbie to this goal of section hiking PCT and although not fully
committed to the 2650 miles yet, I'd like to ask the group a few questions.
1.	Will one "have" to walk through snow in order to complete the full
2600 or if given enough time and the right set of circumstances, could one
complete those sections of the trail when there is no snow?  Yes, I'm cold
adverse.
2.	Can anyone offer a checklist of items for the backpack?  With my
approach, I would be able to juggle what I pack based on the specific
segment I'd be hiking at the time.
3.	Is anyone out there interested in hiking the Southern PCT in 2 - 3
day segments?  I live in San Diego, so my thoughts are to go the NoBo route
with a focus on completing San Diego County in three attempts and then
moving into Riverside County.
I would call myself an entry to intermediate skill level without much
overnight experience.  That's probably where I'll need the most advice.
Thanks in advance.

Joel Hawk