[pct-l] yogis book

Charles Doersch charles.doersch at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 08:23:19 CDT 2011

This list supplements Yogi's book. Not the other way around.

And while I could say so very much in recommending Yogi's book, I'll say
this in particular:

 It is written with wisdom -- not just knowledge and experience. There's a
respectful life-savvy and unfussy emotional intelligence that runs through
it that doesn't just provide "answers" but provides you a context to
understand a range of answers as potentially equally viable, valid, and
sound -- depending on your particular dynamics, and the trail's dynamics at
a given point in a given condition. But outside that context, that range
would provide confusion instead of coherence.

And yes, though I was skeptical as we began our preparations this past April
for 2012, we bought the book anyway, just to see. And we have found it
invaluable. It has helped us open door after door of changing paradigms. And
let's face it, the PCT is a paradigm punch in the face -- and *many* people
fail it because of inadequate preparation. Reading the trail journals in
April and May, I kept thinking "Oh dear. This person's clearly has not done
their homework -- why didn't they read Yogi's book?" And person after person
bailed on the trail from avoidable difficulty. [Others stepped off the trail
for other reasons, even having done full and deep preparation -- but they
don't come into this question].

Cheers,

Charles