[pct-l] Planning a Trip for 2012

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 13:21:59 CDT 2011

Hello Tim -

April is prime time to start a hike from the Mexican border.  I recommend
you contact Barney & Sandy Mann, or Girl Scout.  They are the folks who host
hikers at their homes in San Diego.  They'll take you to the border.

Instead of finding a way back to San Diego from Idyllwild, I recommend
flying out of Palm Springs instead.  To do this, instead of going to
Idyllwild, continue on the PCT, take a side trail over to the tram on San
Jacinto, take the tram down to Palm Springs, fly home from their.

Yogi
www.pcthandbook.com