[pct-l] Have South Africans done the PCT before?

Sir Mixalot atetuna at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 13:20:05 CDT 2011

This summer while doing trail work in the Sierras I was amused at how long
hikers (mostly JMTers) would take to find a rock-hop crossing or take off
their shoes.  I'd power right through the water at the trail crossing.  By
the time they were hiking on the other side of the crossing, I'd already be
a mile ahead of them.  Multiply that with all the crossings in the Sierras
and that adds up to many miles per day.