[pct-l] THREE questions

Sir Mixalot atetuna at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 01:36:02 CDT 2011

1. I haven't finished a thru hike yet, but I've been hiking stoveless for
the last two years.  I do a powdered drink consisting of a custom blend. I
absolutely love it because it maximizes my hiking time, reduces weight and
bulk, prevents me from being too far off on nutrition and hydration, and
makes it very easy to know my macronutrient intake.  A third of my daily
calories (4500) comes from gorp.

2. I'd guess that using a computer in trail towns is #1, followed by using a
smart phone.  Last time I found keeping a journal too tedious.  If I attempt
to keep a journal again, I'll only use a computer in trail towns, and if I'm
lucky, I'll send voicemail journals for someone at home to transcribe.

3. I don't why border patrol would be a problem for north bound hikers.
They have said they'd bust south bound hikers crossing into the United
States from Canada.