[pct-l] Have South Africans done the PCT before?

Daniel Miller danmill at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 19:31:42 CDT 2011

Hey folks

I am planning on doing the PCT starting April next year with a friend. We're
both from South Africa and were wondering if any South Africans have done it
before... Where could we find out?

I also have a question about crossing rivers. Should you take off your shoes
and socks so that they are dry, which is 10x more comfortable than soggy
feet. Or, should you just mission through any river and let them dry out...
Or is it a bit of both?

Those who never got any blisters - what shoes were you using and how many
did you go through?

Thanks for your help,
Daniel

ps - is anyone going to be in Whistler this season? I'll be working there
and would love to meet up with any PCT-affiliates.