[pct-l] Tents

glarsen at aol.com glarsen at aol.com
Sat Oct 1 00:17:14 CDT 2011

I bought a Lunar Duo in the summer of 2010 and used it for an 18-day through-hike of the John Muir Trail.  it was roomy and very comfortable for the two of us on the trip.  We weren't hit by any really strong wind or heavy rain, but the tent seemed nice and robust in the moderate winds that we did have.  Setting it up was a bit of an art, but I think that's pretty inevitable with a large tent whose skeleton consists of two tiny poles that never touch the ground and two hiking poles.  We got much more adept at pitching the tent as the hike went on.

We used it again on a shorter trip this summer, and remain very happy with its large volume and floor space, dual side doors, and compact lightweight design.

It's been a good choice.