[pct-l] biography of John Muir

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 18:03:39 CST 2011

There was a great series on PBS a couple years ago called "The National Parks, America's Best Idea" -- orbsomething like that.  It was long, maybe 15 hours long.  There was a lot of history on Muir.  It was a fascinating series.   I saw a book on the series at Costco last year.  You might be able to google it.  I highly recommend watching the series.  You'll learn not only about Muir, but about Mather, Pinchot, etc.  All those people who now have PCT passes named after them.

Yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

*** Sent on the go from my PEEK ***
TANYA SAVAGE<tanya.savage2 at btinternet.com> wrote:

Hi, can anyone recommend a good book about John Muir? I know embarrassingly little about him, but would love to know more before doing the PCT next year. And it could be a good Christmas present suggestion for my family to get for me (they're too busy to go shopping, so gifts from Amazon are good!)
Thanks
Tanya
To unsubcribe, or change options visit: