[pct-l] doing more, not less...

Charles Williams charlesnolie at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 15:12:54 CST 2011

I propose, due to the ongoing threads about the financial hamstringing of the PCTA, that we all try to do more, not less.

Consider asking friends and loved ones this year to make a contribution to the PCTA in our names instead of them getting us gifts this holiday season.  Yes, many people give things that we need and could use, but the PCT is close to our hearts or we wouldn't be on this list.  The PCTA has a way to do this on line called a "tribute gift".  And let's face it, many people's gifts are not what we'd choose for ourselves.

And for our friends and family that hike and ride, consider giving them the gift of a membership to the PCTA.  If you'd likely spend $35 or more on a gift for someone anyway, then consider the gift of membership with it's 4 issues of the Communicator and of course, the PCTA Calendar.  Seriously, have you seen those photos?

Happy Holidays,
Charles