[pct-l] Hiker Trash Thanks

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Nov 28 07:42:03 CST 2011

JMT Super Senior Reinhold writes:  Shroomer, although we also have a few "Looney Birds" on this list.
You may be old, but not nearly as old as Switchback and I. You may be impressed by the Internet but hey, I'm so old, I'm still impressed by running water. As far as us being a rare bunch, you can say that again.....you only need to look at Switchback to realize that that is so....he is rare....very rare.
Switchback replies: Boy, this must be cabin fever time on the PCT-L.  But I must admit us old timers who broke PCT trail for others, like the Class of 1974, are a rare breed of mountainmen.  I go back so far that I remember the "Ice Man" bringing a block of ice to my grandmother's "ice box" in her kitchen.  There was an iron horse pole and ring in the front of the house to tie your horse to when you came to visit.  Yes, us PCT mountainmen are the real thing, not uber light wimpy techies.