[pct-l] ED compensation

Andy Johnson andyj92 at aol.com
Sun Nov 27 14:24:49 CST 2011

I think people should look at the value for money vs price alone.

Nobody complains about executive compensation of gear makers or their
distributers.
Nobody complains about compensation of rangers and SAR people who come out
to save those in trouble.

Look at the discussions about weight and best gear for the trail.
NONE of the lightweight and good stuff is cheap. Yet, somehow the money is
found to pay for saving 10 lbs on every step.
Look at the prices paid and money wasted for the food and stuff donated
along the trail.
You bought it. You didn't use it. You threw it away. Others came along and
said a silent "Thank You".

What value do you get from the association-? Is it worth what -you- are
paying-?
What changes would you suggest-?

When you complain about something add a suggestion on how to improve it.
Anyone can complain with scant facts and moral outrage. Get the facts and
learn more.
Then complain and offer a corrective idea.
Your statements will carry much more weight and you will be given more
attention.

If you ran the association what would you do differently-?

Personally, I like what they do and how they do it.
They have taken a very complex situation and made it simple and easy to
transit.
They have negotiated the rules and rights and protections so that everyone
knows what is expected of them.
The Rangers do not have to deal with many different people all asking the
same questions and arguing about it.
We all know where we need bear cannisters, where to find info on everything
we'll need...almost.
And what conditions are likely to be up the trail ahead of us.

That is a lot of work for the peanuts we pay as members.