[pct-l] Fishing

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Nov 24 13:12:19 CST 2011

My friend Lenny brought a Tic-tac fishing kit. Hooks and line in a
Tic-tac box. Wind the line around the box when you reel the fish in.
He said he caught numerous fish in the Sierras. I don't know what he
used for bait. Other hikers will bring along regular fishing gear
just for the Sierras. Your miles go down there due to the miles being
more difficult, a shorter hiking day due to timing yourself to the
passes, and generally not wanting to rush. So fishing is doable,
although I never actually saw anyone fish. I didn't fish, but I saw
lots of fish in the lakes and they sure looked tasty.