[pct-l] Crossing river suggestions

Sir Mixalot atetuna at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 16:02:48 CST 2011

I valued my safety, so yes, I found them necessary.  I never used my axe,
but I put on my microspikes after I slipped and mildly twisted my knee.  I
should have put them on sooner.  The area I was hiking on was technically
easy to walk on and other hikers weren't slipping, but I'd rather bruise my
pride than my body.

If possible, try to plan your daily hike so you're not crossing a stream at
the end of your hiking day because it'll be difficult to warm your feet
back up.  Other than that, wet feet isn't a big deal.