[pct-l] Creative Thinking

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Nov 14 07:27:55 CST 2011

Say Switchback,
This weekend was exceptionally dear to me since it was both the USMC
Birthday and Veterans Day.
And since I am both a former Marine and a Vietnam Veteran, this called
for some celebration and "Spirited'' drinking.....hic.
Some folks say when I am drinking I do some of my best and most creative
thinking...hic...hic.
So, as I was drinking and doing some creative thinking, I realized that
at 236 the USMC is one year older than the United States of America....hic.
Then, as I was doing some more creative thinking, I was
thinking.....what do the letters USMC stand for?
Some folks say they stand for  "University of Sience, Music and
Art"....hic...hic.
Others say they stand for  "Uncle Sam's Misguided Children"....hic....hic.
I don't know about that but, I have, in my younger years, on more tan
one occasion, been accused by the mothers of some of my former girl
friends of being a naughty misguided child.
Hic..... even now, at the mature age of 71, some folks say I am misguided.
They say I should be lawn bowling, playing chess at the Senior Center or
crochaing instead of running around in the wilderness for weeks at a time.
I say......THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ME......running around in the
wilderness for weeks at a time is normal behavior for 71 year olds.

BTW.....you ai'nt fully matured yet until your 71....hic....hic....hic.
Anybody under 71 is still somewhat immature....hic.

Say Switchback, since both of us are not only ''Military Veterans'' but
also ''Backpacking Veterans'', Veterans Day has a special meaning for
guys like us.
It was veteran hikers like us that tamed the wilderness and made it safe
for the current hikers....hic....I
drink to that.

JMT Reinhold
Your spirit loving...hic...I mean spiritual...hic...I mean spirited
trail companion....hic