[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 47, Issue 10 - Carrying Weapons

Heather Darnell mom_and_alex at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 22:52:23 CST 2011

Wow, so many of you have provided great insights on the whole gun issue. I love the collective wisdom on this forum :)

Now, just taking a step back for a moment. Kellie, Maybe you grew up with guns and this is why they recommend it. But if you did not (and I'm not asking you to answer here, just to consider) - have you ever shot anyone before? Or pointed a gun at someone? Or had someone point a gun at you?
I am not a COMPLETE pacifist, and I do believe in appropriate self-defense. At the same time, involving a gun in the issue is an experience that is not easily lived down. There's just a lot of psychology around a gun. It is one thing to talk about carrying but just know yourself and whether you would really use it.

Anyway, since I'm usually going to be carrying bear spray already, I'm feeling like that's more than adequate!.

Message: 4