[pct-l] Food

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Thu Nov 10 15:38:33 CST 2011

Here's another option.  Do some of both.  Buy in trail towns those things you know you'll be able to find, like peanut butter; Clif & candy bars; ramen, Lipton sides, instant rice, mac n cheese; aluminum packs of chicken, tuna, salmon; hard cheese; dried fruit (raisins, crasins, apples, etc); bagels / English muffins; olive oil; honey; instant cocoa, instant gator-aid, ...  You get the idea.

Send yourself food items that probably won't be readily available.  I buy freeze-dried meats, veggies, fruits, and cheese from LDS supply houses (even though I'm Methodist), repack it into small ziplocks, and mail it in resupply boxes.  This method has worked great for me so far.

Others do their own dehydrating of main meals (e.g., chili, spaghetti, chicken dishes) and mail these to themselves.

If you need ideas for variety, you might start with Dicentra's website - onepanwonders.com, I think.

Good luck.

Mango