[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 47, Issue 9

Andy Johnson andyj92 at aol.com
Wed Nov 9 12:44:19 CST 2011

I solved my waer problem by getting a large- one gallon- jug that is used by
medical community to hold water and laxitive to clean out patent before
colonoscopy... It is large, has a screw top and has a -big- handle.  That's
the key for me as I have big hands and milk-water jugs have only a two
finger handle. That begins to cut after a while. Full handle uses whol hand
and arm.

I covered it with colored duct tape and carried for many hundred miles. I
found the weight helped use my shoulders and arms vs putting all the weight
on my back. I'm not a fan of camelbacks etc.

I am often amazed at those who discount the availability and potability of
water as they travel far from the parking lot. Long distance people respect
water.  Day trippers and section hikers can get in trouble easily.

Good luck.