[pct-l] Pacific Crest Trailside Reader

Tom Griffin griffin at u.washington.edu
Mon Nov 7 19:47:44 CST 2011

Since I'm a minor contributor, I may be prejudiced, but this two-volume
anthology exceeded my expectations. The editors got the rights to essays
by some heavyweight authors, including Wallace Stegner, Jack Kerouac,
Barry Lopez, and Ursula K. Le Guin. There's history, geology, and even
poetry as well as plenty of trail stories. For those of us who have been
on PCT-L for many years, there are legendary PCT-L posters/trail
angels/personalities who have written essays, including Barney "Scout"
Mann, "No Way" Ray Eccols, "Mad" Monte Dodge, Carolyn "Sweet Goat Mama"
Eddy, Greg "Strider" Hummel, Georgi "FireFly" Heitman, and many, many
more. It's a great read--and a great gift for the holidays, especially
since the profits got to the PCTA.

Also, here's another reminder that there'll be a reading in Seattle on
Thursday, Nov. 7th at 7 p.m. at Third Place Books - Ravenna Store, 6504
20th Ave NE (Bob Birkby,  Linda Bakkar, and I will join Co-Editor Rees
Hughes to read our stories with an accompanying slide show). Follow this
link for more information and directions:
http://ravenna.thirdplacebooks.com

Tom "Bullfrog" Griffin
Seattle, WA

PS: I sent this once and never saw it posted. I apologize in advance if
this message already made it to the list.