[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 47, Issue 5

chiefcowboy at verizon.net chiefcowboy at verizon.net
Sat Nov 5 16:59:26 CDT 2011

I used my Contrail during my 2009 thru hike and loved it.  During a (severe)
windstorm near Apache Springs after an hour of really strong winds I dropped
the center pole as a precautionary measure.  The tent suffered no damage
although we took a real beating.  If you can't find a place to drive stakes
you could insert a stake through the grommet and place a rock (carefully -
not on fabric) on the stake to hold it in place.  The pole being located in
the middle of the entrance did not prove to be a problem.  The vestibule is
large enough to store gear on one side while I used the other to enter/exit
while in camp.  In severe wet weather I sometimes brought it in and stored
it at my feet just to be sure it wouldn't get wet from wind driven rain.

The only time I had a problem with rain was when I was lazy did forgot to
put down my ground cloth and it rained heavily.  Later, I accidentally
damaged my tent beyond repair and again researched what was available and
again bought the Contrail.

Henry Shires builds a strong product and stands behind it.

"Burning Daylight"
pct 2009