[pct-l] Last thru hikers

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Wed Nov 2 19:12:40 CDT 2011

We're expecting a winter storm here in the Portland area - due to hit the OR
and WA Cascades - starting tonight, with snow above 3000 feet, and lower the
following day. Timberline Lodge is expecting 8 inches tonight.

It's 45 miles from Timberline Lodge to Cascade Locks. She's 2 days past
Timberline as I write this, so she'll probably get into Cascade Locks
tomorrow and miss most of the snow in OR. Then she'll have a decision to
make. Cascade Locks is her last good bailout point until White Pass, and
she'd have to cross Mt Adams and traverse Old Snowy's Packwood Glacier to
reach White Pass, where there's no public transportation.

Smart money says stop at Cascade Locks and go home until next year.

Wandering Bob