[pct-l] Solution to...What do you guys do for money?

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun May 29 17:33:35 CDT 2011

Yes Krikor,
The question of how to support a serious hiking life style troubles many
serious hikers.

The simple solution to this common problem is.....a wife or girl friend
with sufficient
income to support your hiking life style.

DO  I  NEED  TO  SAY  MORE?

JMT Reinhold
The problem solver
--------------------------------------
Krikor wrote:

This question is for thru-hikers and those that go on overnight hikes
multiple times throughout the month.
What do you do for a living?
I am considering making a career change that would allow me plenty of
time to do what you do either for pleasure or professionally.
So far I have considered mountain guide and forester.
Forester sounds good to me because I'll constantly be outdoors, it is
stable work with health benefits though education costs are significant,
mountain guide is my dream job but am concerned that I won't be able to
support a family with the income.
I've also head nurse because by setting your own hours, you can work
your butt off for an extended time and end up with a couple weeks off in
a row to roam free :)
What do you guys think, what are some of your professions?