[pct-l] june 8th start from campo?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri May 27 17:05:57 CDT 2011

June 8 is just a few days away. I can't imagine that it will be so
much drier than just a few days ago. The trail is totally doable
without water caches. Just be mindful and you should be okay.

I just came back from a section a couple weekends ago between Highway
18 near Big Bear and Swarthout Canyon Road just beyond Cajon Pass. In
2008 there wasn't much water along this route. This year there was
water just about everywhere. I seriously could have just hiked along
filling up a cup whenever I got thirsty. Also, it was COLD!! And
windy and raining! It looks like it'll be pretty cold and windy this
weekend, too.

If you are only doing 500 or 700 miles, seems you have a lot of
opportunity to do something interesting.