[pct-l] Big Sky Evolution 2P

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Wed May 25 13:03:30 CDT 2011

35 years after Sierra Designs came out with the first "sub 4 pound" two man, dual wall tent; the Starflight, Big Sky now has come out with the most cutting edge "sub 3 pound" two man, dual wall, free standing tent; the Evolution 2P (a new review is on Backpacking Light). It's amazing that with all of the innovations in pole weight, material weight, etc. that it's taken 35 years to shave off another pound in dual wall tents!

Of course there are plenty of great "sub 2 pound" single wall innovations out there from Six Moons, TarpTent, Lightheart, etc.

I used the Starflight in '77 and recently upgraded to a TarpTent that I love, is more roomy than the Starflight, handles weather as well or better (albeit not cut to handle snow as well) and is about 2 pounds lighter!!!

Greg Hummel

Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life,
the whole aim and end of human existence.
                            - Aristotle