[pct-l] Parking at Reds Meadow after trail project

Lee Staley leestcoast at gmail.com
Wed May 25 10:40:54 CDT 2011

On May 25, 2011, at 7:44 AM, Ate Tuna wrote:

> Anyone know of a place I can park my car while I hike the trail in that
> area, preferably for as close to free as possible?

You leave your car at the Mammoth Mountain ski area and take the shuttle bus to Red's Meadow.  You could also park at Horseshoe Lake and hike over the Mammoth Crest to hit the JMT/PCT 4 miles south of Red's meadow.

You could leave your car in the backpacker/hiking parking at either Devil's Post Pile or Red's Meadow.  If you show your wilderness permit at the Minaret Summit entrance, I think the Forest Service only charges you a fee for  going in, instead of both going in and leaving.

Cruz Control