[pct-l] Fw: Hiker Trash (Literally)

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 16:50:27 CDT 2011

In 2008 I stopped at the Walker Pass PCT Campground - at the rest room there. I
had my rig and was on the way to drop it off at a ranch in Lone Pine and then
hitch back to my horse. There was enough to fill a medium size garbage
bag. Especially behind the rest room. I packed it up a bag that I had and hauled
it away. There was NO trash can there. If there had been one I'm sure that the
hikers would use it. As it was, many probably hauled theirs into town or even on
to Kennedy Meadows.  It really is not that difficult to do that - to crush
empties and carry them. Really, not much weight or bulk to carry your own.

MendoRider