[pct-l] Castle Crags State Park To Close

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu May 19 12:25:40 CDT 2011

I have found BLM campgrounds to be a much better deal and often nicer
locations. Also, truly primitive camping has no campground at all.
Dispersed camping is allowed on most national forest and BLM land.
You can park near the PCT (or another trail) and hike in a little
ways, too, as another way to do it. If you are truly daring, you can
camp in a town, too. The PCT, with how it takes you under freeways
and through culverts and things is really good at teaching you how to
be a hobo.