[pct-l] Castle Crags State Park To Close

gwschenk at socal.rr.com gwschenk at socal.rr.com
Thu May 19 09:00:24 CDT 2011

AsABat makes some good points. When Reagan started the privatizing of the National Forest campgrounds, the prices skyrocketed. Along with that you got the campground "hosts", most of whom are nice people, but a few are campground Nazis.

Tortoise is also correct about the purpose of the parks, but making a profit for a commercial enterprise should not be one of them.

Sorry for the rant.

Gary