[pct-l] What do you guys do for money?

Krikor Y kyeremian at gmail.com
Wed May 18 08:03:22 CDT 2011

Here are the only two responses I have received...

I am a schoolteacher.  I get 12 weeks off every year.  I work in a school
district with a traditional schedule so I get at least 8 straight weeks off
during the summer, long enough to do a fine section hike.  I get a week at
Easter and Thanksgiving and 2 weeks at Christmas.
I get a lot of three day weekends as well, making for some fine hiking
weekends.  We overnight hike at least 50 days a year.  Not bad, I
think-that's averaging one day of each week.  The pay and benefits are good.

I'm a travel nurse. You get to make choose when you work and the pay is
good. One can easily work for 6 months and then take 6 months off. Well,  I
do, but I don't have a family. Cheers, Flip Flop