[pct-l] First time multi-day hiking.

Ate Tuna atetuna at gmail.com
Wed May 4 08:26:41 CDT 2011

Contact the office in Alpine for a permit.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/contact/

<http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/contact/>I wouldn't say you can camp
'anywhere', but there are plenty of places you can camp.  Trailside
wilderness camping is not permitted in the Laguna Mountain Recreational
Area.  Bring a copy of Halfmile's maps to help find suitable campsites and
to know where to avoid camping.
http://www.pctmap.net/

If you're going now, it can be quite hot and even dry which will cause many
water resources to dry up soon, but there are several very reliable water
resources.  Bring a copy of Asabat's PCT water report instead of gambling
with your water situation.  It can also be cold, so make sure you bring a
suitable sleeping bag.  Take care of your feet.  You need them to get you
down the trail.  You don't have to finish your hike with your feet covered
in blisters, or any at all.  You might consider taking a zero or nero day at
Cibbets Flat Campground to cool off and rehydrate.  A 1/4 mile trail leads
from there to a couple nice wading ponds along Kitchen Creek.
http://www.4jeffrey.net/pct/a.htm

--
Sir Mix-a-lot