[pct-l] IDEAS on what stove to use when cooking for 4

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue May 3 18:01:47 CDT 2011

Good afternoon, Charles,

I don’t expect this is anything you, or your group, wants to hear but I
think the best plan is for everyone to carry their own full array of
ultra-lite gear.  It is very difficult for even two committed people to
remain in close association for 4-5 months on the trail, and the likelihood
of four making the trip would be very slim.  Yes, some groups do make it,
but it’s rare.  Then it possibly works because each is self-sufficient and
could speed-up, slow-down, make an extra or extended town stop, or bail-out
anytime without materially inconveniencing the others.  Sharing gear creates
attachments that can easily result in irreconcilable disagreements.  At that
point who gets the stove?  The tent?  The maps?  The compass?  The corn
pasta?  Etc.

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye