[pct-l] Broken fingers

Danny Wormington dannywormington at gmail.com
Sun May 1 11:26:45 CDT 2011

     When I was a young person hiking in the Marble Mountains with my
young wife, she slipped and fell down into some granite boulders while
making a stream crossing.  She dislocated her little finger and it was
sticking out sideways.  I told her I thought it was dislocated and if
she wanted me to I would try to pull it back into position, though I had
never done such a thing before.  I would have done it to myself if itd
had been my finger.  She said no, so I  cut some splints with my pocket
knife and splinted it.  We continued hiking and camping for three more
days with her finger splinted and sticking out to the side.  It didn't
bother her except to get in the way of cooking.  When we returned home
she went to the doctor.  What did he say?  I asked.  He just pulled it,
she said.  She said,I should have let you pull it. . .