[pct-l] Northern CA/Sierra snow information

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 17:43:17 CDT 2011

Great article, and I can attest to the depth.  I've never seen so much this
late in the season.  One of the small lodges on the mountain at Northstar,
Schaefer's Camp, had a tunnel going down to get in the front door two days
ago, and people were skiing off the roof onto the ski run.  But in just two
days, it's gone down considerably, and is pouring off the roof as water on
the house next door to where we're staying at about 6,500 feet.  It could
all change quickly, but if we get a cold May and June like last year, and it
slows the melt off, this will be one very snowy hiking season.  Just prepare
for it and have a ball.

Shroomer