[pct-l] May Hiking , North of Tahoe

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 16:51:09 CDT 2011

Coming to you live from Northstar at Tahoe, the roof of the lodge at the top
of Mt. Pluto at 8,000 feet has lost 4 feet of pack over the past 3 days, and
the temps are so hot, I repeat that, HOT, not a cloud in the sky, that it's
shirts off on the deck, lots of cold beer, and lift operators in their tank
tops.  Gorgeous!  I mean the views toward Squaw Valley and the PCT.  From
the Backside runs I can see the length of ridge that is the Tahoe Rim
Trail/PCT and it is all one giant cornice for 25 miles or so.  Soooo much
snow, but the CA sunshine is doing it's best today.  Pray for sun.

Instead of hiking north of Tahoe in May, why don't you head down to the
deserts, and hike what's really hikeable.  It is so beautiful in spring

Shroomer