[pct-l] games!

abiegen at cox.net abiegen at cox.net
Mon Mar 28 14:04:03 CDT 2011

When I first came to Santa Barbara in 1978 I was introduced to a friend who with two other friends invented the game Cosmic Wimpout. It is a dice game that only requires five special die and either a felt game board or a pencil and a piece of paper to keep score. The game is easy to play and has enough crazy rules that can drastically change the outcome of the game until even after the end of the game. It became quite the popular game with campers and hikers since it was so light and easy to carry. I brought it on my 2010 PCT attempt but fell off Apache Peak before I was able to infect any other thru-hikers. You can still get the game on-line and yes, there is now an iPhone app and I believe Droid as well.

TrailHacker

"When my feet hurt, I can't think straight"
Abraham Lincoln