[pct-l] SPOT messenger vs McMurdo PLB

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 27 15:34:05 CDT 2011

Hillary,
The spot is 100$. And sub. Is 99$

A traditional PLB is about 500$... So I thought spot was amazingly cheap for what it does.

I certainly wouldn't say they are 'really expensive'. If 100$ is a stretch for you;  youre in for a hard thru hike.  That's less than the cost of one zero.

Just talked to two couples I hiked with last year and both spent over 16,000 ... That sufficiently scared me... I'm even considering skipping Warner springs.

Sent from my iPod