[pct-l] SPOT messenger vs McMurdo PLB

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 27 12:15:14 CDT 2011

Toby,
With the SPOT you are not obligated to even use the OK button. Just don't press
it. It's the 911 button that can save your life - or someone else's if you come
upon a seriously injured hiker who needs rescue, but wasn't wise enough to pack
a signaling device. But, use the OK button if you have loved ones who would want
to know your location and that you are OK, then use it. It was great that my
wife, and nine other members of my "team" could actually see a picture of my
location on Google every night when I checked in.
MendoRider