[pct-l] SPOT messenger vs McMurdo PLB

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 20:07:25 CDT 2011

My spot has only failed to send one message and it was in a moving car.  It told me immediately that it failed to send.

Also I use the tracks and used it rim to rim on the grand canyon never lost service.

It's not as good for rescue as a 'real plb' ... But it's 100 times better than nothing.  Anywhere the pct is,  I feel it would suffice,  when combined with effective back country skills,  and a knowledge of good signal techniques when they get close; you'll be fine...

My humble opine...

Sent from my iPod