[pct-l] Hiking poles?

eckert jape1 at cox.net
Sat Mar 26 16:06:16 CDT 2011

Think of it as aerating the soil. <g>

I don't like the click of the hard points hit DG and rocks when I hike,
so 90% of the time I put on rubber tips.  It makes for a quieter walk,
and unless the tread is grit on granite, I seem to get as good a bite as
I do with the tungsten tips.  The added plus is I can jab my hiking
buddy to make a point, but won't necessarily draw blood.

eckert