[pct-l] Food Bags --bears

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 07:45:06 CDT 2011

Chuck beat me to it...

Where we live the bears are terrified of humans because standard practice is still to shoot them.

We had a bear get habituated to our trash... And EVERY. Day would tear our compost pile apart eating the waste... Eventually it would come down in broad daylight and rummage... And after that it got into our coop and killed 60 chickens... And tore up our fruit trees...

Once bears know we mean easy food;  you HAVE to kill it or it will tell all it's friends.  This doesn't happen in yosemeti  so the bears just keep stalking humans and teaching their kids to do so.

Only time I ever felt really threatened by a bear was one who had lost it's butt plug before the freeze was over... and came after me while fishing ... It was starved...  And one time when I got between a mom and cubs while berry picking

Question,  do the bears in California still hibernate for 6 months?  The bears here when they hibernate construct out of leaves and whatnot these plugs they put in their anus to stop their digestive process... And facilitate hibernation.  If that comes out they must immediately eat or they will die... If it comes out and we get a late foot of snow;  is when bear attacks happen.

Sent from my iPod