[pct-l] Shakedown trip

dnielsen at djmurphycompany.com dnielsen at djmurphycompany.com
Fri Mar 25 22:37:54 CDT 2011

Not to make you feel bad Paul but I did a nice hike today in shorts and a
t-shirt.  Saw my second rattle snake of the season, right next to the trail
of course, pounded my walking stick for the next 2 miles. Cactus flowers are
blooming. I have been getting some good gear tests on overnighters but I
also would like to get in a multi day shortly. Need to go north to test my
bag and Contrail again as those are on the bubble.  If I don't leave soon
the double wall Hubba and a new WM Versalite 15 degree bag could end up in
my pack. I am no Canadian and likely to freeze in the snow. And I really
hate that in rains inside my single wall tent. The recent CA rain/snow
videos are concerning.

Your just going to have to take some warmer gear with you I think for your
test and do some side by side. I have done that previously and did less
mileage with more weight.

Good luck, be safe.