[pct-l] down vs. synthetic

Brandon McGinnity bmcginnity at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 16:30:49 CDT 2011

I'm going to use a down bag with a tarp. One word of wisdom: research how to
set up your tarp in multiple configurations. I switched to a tarp on the AT
at Franklin, but didn't know how to use it beyond a basic A-frame pitch, and
suffered as a result, getting wet pretty often, at least when there was any
wind. I'm now a bigger fan of the Flying Diamond, and this set-up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkBeZqXU4zk

After you've researched it, PRACTICE it.

--
~ Moccasin