[pct-l] down vs. synthetic

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 23:12:48 CDT 2011

Both are used a lot but I think down a little more.  Probably 70/30.

A dry-bag is overkill.  You just need a water proof stuff sack or plastic
bag.
Your bag will get wet mainly from rain which is a lot different than
immersion.
I don't think I've seen a really light dry-bag.
Save the cost and weight of a dry-bag and use a trash compactor bag or a
waterproof stuff sack.

It is possible to keep a down bag dry with a tarp but it does take a little
practice/experience.

Day-Late