[pct-l] mt whitney permits - whats the deal?

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 12:59:21 CDT 2011

You do not need the Whitney stamp if you ascend Whitney from the PCT side,
then descend down the PCT side as well.  You only need the stamp if you are
ascending/descending on the east side.

To get to Lone Pine, you can leave the PCT at Cottonwood Pass or Trail Pass.
 Both of those side trails end up at Horseshoe Meadows Trailhead, where you
can hitch down to Lone Pine.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com