[pct-l] Amateur Radio

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Wed Mar 23 14:17:46 CDT 2011

There's several of us out here.

I have some repeaters and other PCT ham info at
www.qsl.net/aa6j/pct
Updates are very much wanted.

Personally I haven't had much luck with roll up j poles. I think the tree I hang it in blocks the signal. I use a big telescoping whip - usually the single band two meter for maximum gain. This lets new move around to find the best rock to stand on in iffy repeater areas.

I haven't used radiograms but did ask for a collect phone call once on an early season hike in section o. My wife was happy to know I was alive in the snow!

AA6J

AsABat
PCT Water Reports SoCal http://pct.4jeffrey.net
Send water updates to water at 4jeffrey.net