[pct-l] Handheld GPS Recommendations

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Wed Mar 23 00:09:45 CDT 2011

I received my new Garmin Dakota 20 from REI yesterday. Took it out with me
today while trying to figure out what buttons to touch to get what I want,
the unit froze up twice. Had to turn it off and restart.  Just lost some
menu items and had to reset it to "original settings". This unit seems to
really use up the battery. I put new lithium AAs in it and after only ~3
hours of use the battery indicator indicates the cells are were  40% gone
and then 60% gone. I still haven't decided if I like the structure of the
menus or the ease of operating the unit.

Tortoise

<>  Because truth matters.<>