[pct-l] R

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Mar 22 08:45:28 CDT 2011

Yeah, when it rains here it kinda goes nuts about. We got almost foot
of rain on Sunday. 72 people were rescued by search and rescue over
the weekend, not all of them in the wilderness. Still, I went with
pretty crappy rain gear the entire distance. I had a tyvek hazmat
suit in So Cal (used only once) and an umbrella and rain chaps the
rest of the way. I did also buy a gas station poncho in Washington
but it never got used.

I'm betting those O2 rain pants are pretty flimsy and will be sweaty
inside. Might be worth trying, though. They might be good enough to
get you into your shelter to wait out the rain, or to town if you're
not too far.