[pct-l] Permit

leestcoast at gmail.com leestcoast at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 18:01:47 CDT 2011

Hi Shelly, I don't think a permit is required until you reach the San Jacinto Wilderness boundary @ mile 168. You can get a permit by mail from the San Bernardino National Forest ranger station in Idyllwild. They have also faxed permits to me in the past. Here's an application:  fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSEI_DOCUMENTS/stelprd5177237.pdf
P.S. Be sure to hit Cafe Roma (assuming you're really really hungry at this point) as you head into Idyllwild from Humber Park and Fern Valley.  Have a great hike.
Cruz Control