[pct-l] tyvek

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 15:28:40 CDT 2011

I used some last year that I got from a contractor friend.  A seven foot
length of standard width Tyvek weighed 7 oz.  After a week or so it started
to fray; it's kinda fibrous when it wears.  As a result, it tended to
accumulate duff which had to brushed off to fold or roll it.  I'm using a
piece of painters plastic sheeting currently.

Last year I did run into a group of four hikers wearing Tyvek coveralls just
south of Sonora Pass - the coveralls were liberally patched with duct tape,
but were serving as relief from the mosquito hatch as well as rain.  Not
breathable, but I thought it was pretty inspired.